Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year’s Resolutions

I have struggled with the idea of New Year’s resolutions for the better part of 10 years. I used to make them, and then decided against it, after many fell by the wayside less than a month into the New Year.

Resolutions are funny things – if you don’t make any at all, you feel guilty; if you try and fail, you feel guilty. This guilt was enough to make me swear off resolutions for a few years. What I had forgotten, though, was the immense pride I felt when I actually followed through; how bettering myself, and achieving my goal, gave me such an amazing sense of accomplishment. What a feeling!

So this year I’ve decided to start fresh and get back to making some much-needed resolutions for 2012. It’s a great opportunity to teach my kids by example, to show my kids that Mama really can stick with it; that if I set my mind to do something, by golly, I will do it!

I know it won’t be easy, but I’ll have my little ones cheering me on. They’re my biggest fans and I don’t want to let them down.

Wishing you joy, health and happiness in the New Year – from all of us at Oliver’s Labels.

No comments: