Friday, July 15, 2011

Modern Storytelling

You know those rare occasions when you stumble upon something so cool, so inventive & so fun that you just can’t keep it a secret? And, when it’s also educational and FREE… well, my dear, you’ve got a winner!!

I had one of those moments recently when I came upon an email a good friend sent me some time ago, suggesting I check out a story-crafting website. It’s a wonderful concept, and I wish I had checked it out sooner - but sometimes there’s just not enough time in the day. :)

So, when I finally did check it out, I was completely astonished at how brilliant it was!

The website is Storybird.com, and it is nothing short of awesome! It offers so many different avenues for kids to explore their imaginations – and is beautiful, to boot! Not only can you send a story to someone (great for grandparents), but you and the special kid(s) in your life can craft a story together – even if you’re miles apart! It’s a great way to engage with them in a collaborative, fun way that also builds great memories and reading skills.

With Storybird the possibilities are endless! So, go online and start making a memory with your favorite kid.  :)

Also check out Storybird’s blog and follow them on Twitter (@storybird).

No comments: