Friday, June 15, 2007

Update regarding Thursday's post about Paypal

I just wanted to let you know a quick update regarding the last post about Paypal charging your American Express in US currency even if you have a Canadian account and you're shopping in Canadian dollars at oliverslabels.com....

I received an email this morning from Lindsey at Paypal saying:
"due to American Express and Discover guidelines, these cards can only be charged in U.S. denomination. Visa and MasterCard offer different currencies."
So, even though I was told on the phone that this only happens with American Express, apparently it also applies to Discover card users too.

I hope this information is helpful to my fellow Canadians. When choosing to pay with a credit card, Visa and MasterCard are the way to go!

No comments: